Saturday, February 15, 2014

Work, Work, Work

I had my first day back at the store I work at today, and it was exhausting and long. However, I did enjoy it a bit! It was nice getting dressed, putting on makeup, and getting up. Standing for 7-8 hours a day is tiresome, but I'd rather a job that involves standing than sitting all day. While it's not what I was hoping for, being retail and it isn't full time, I am glad I was about to come back. Any money is better than none, and if I get hours like I'll have next week, I could save a nice little bit of money if I save my pennies. Wearing all black is a bit sad after awhile, but at least it will hopefully keep me in check in regards to spending my money. If I can't wear it to work, I won't be able to wear it too much unless I get a second job that doesn't require a color dress code, days off if I go somewhere, or until I hopefully begin graduate school again. I'm definitely going to keep applying to maybe get a second gig going. I want to just dedicate this time to making as much money as I can. Ideally, upon getting readmitted to grad school and getting the fellowship, I would like to still try and pay my loans (since they will be pretty low monthly payments, and my rent at my potential location will be quite low).

I do actually enjoy the job because it keeps me on my toes, and I really like what we sell. The clothes, a bit pricy at times, but they are nice, and grown up. I sometimes will find clothing in juniors stores, but at 24 I think I am a bit too old for places like Charlotte Russe and Forever 21. I own things from these places, but some of the things they sell are so obviously meant for a teenager and really short. I am not a fan of a mini-mini skirt at all. This place is classy, grown up, versatile, and even better, the portions are understanding of the female form. I also like the people I work with. There was a rough patch when I worked there last summer, but now that it's been handled, I think being back will hopefully be nothing but positive.

And no, I will not disclose where I work for privacy reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment