Monday, February 3, 2014

Posting Firestorm. Songs you should know.

I'm going to post a few things tonight just to set some groundwork and to make progress.  One aspect of my blog, I think will be "Songs You Should Know," where I will post songs that I love, therefore you should know them. Simple concept. Music is something imperative to my life, and I cannot fathom a moment without it.  My first song shall be "The Storm" by The Airborne Toxic Event.  The Airborne have been one of my favorite bands for quite a long time. I've had the joy of seeing them live three times, and they never disappoint. They are one of those bands whose music I can listen to without feeling the need to skip any tracks.

This song just runs down your spine.  Lyrically, it's spot on. One thing I love about this band is that their lyrics are so intimate, yet they resonate with so many people.  Seriously, whenever I listen to their music, I'm just sitting there going "Yes! You get it! Finally someone gets it!" Here's a video of the song stripped down so you can give it a listen.


"I only just learned how to stand like a man I've got 25 years of running instead.  How could I see the ground at my feet? The truth is to me that I was caught in the storm." Easily, some of my favorite lyrics from them.  Give them more of a-listening here.

No comments:

Post a Comment