Monday, March 10, 2014

The "Dress" Secret

Those who know me know I wear a dress a good 96% of the time. Well, even people who don't really know me can figure this out if their eyeballs work. I think the reactions people give me are pretty funny. Usually people say things like "You're always so dressed up" or "Aren't you uncomfortable?" Believe it or not, I don't find my dresses lacking comfort, and I don't qualify myself as being "dressed up" unless the occasion I'm dressing for involves heels and possibly toned down makeup (as in, no red lips, or a less bright of a red).

There's this dress...
 
This dress...
 


(This is from my first semester a uni. A modified version of my closet, but I can spot at least fifteen of my dresses here).
 
You get the point. I own a lot of dresses. If I were to count how many I have, I've probably go over fifty. The thing is I actually wear them all. Also, I feel more comfortable. I don't wear some dress made of fabric that doesn't stretch or breathe every day, and most of mine are made of comfy fabrics. But I'm going to let you in on my dress secret: wearing dresses takes less time! When I get ready in the morning, or whenever, I do my hair and makeup, and then I pick out my clothing for the day. When you have a dress all you need is a pair of shoes and you're set (maybe tights depending on weather). It's takes me a lot less time. I find jeans generally uncomfortable because I don't like the way they dig into your gut. Also, if some pants give you the muffin top, you have to find the right shirt to hide it. Not all shirts go with all trousers. Dresses, on the other hand, you get your top and bottom covered, and all you need is a pair of shoes and BOOM outfit.
 
And everyone thinks you're classy and a dressed up fabulous human being. You're welcome.
 
PS To those who are curious, all of the dresses pictured I have found on ModCloth throughout the years. However, you don't need to buy a dress that is more than your monthly student loans to look like a fancy pants...dig around and you do find nifty deals on their site.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment