Thursday, March 20, 2014

Random

I haven't posted in a while. Woops, blog neglect!

I haven't had anything on my mind really that I felt inclined to write about...okay, that isn't true. Of course there have been happenings, but not all things belong on a public forum. Okay, so just a little crash course in random:

1. I thoroughly enjoy when people who are all "whaaaa I'm a non-conformist, you shan't judge me" are profoundly judgmental themselves. Personally, I believe it is human nature to have preconceived ideas about certain people or things just because we cannot help it due to the values we have, the way we are raised, etc. Anyone who says they've never judged someone is a liar. However, it's obnoxious when people write up ridiculous Facebook posts placing judgment on other people for one reason or another. Seriously, get over yourself. If you asked the subject of your ridicule, they probably don't like you either and think your haircut is stupid.

2. I hate snow. Snow can melt in hell. If claims of insanity spike in 2014, I fully attribute it to cabin fever due to snow. I've never really understood the appeal of living somewhere like Florida, but ya know, I get it now.

3. Billie Joe Armstrong (that guy from Green Day) and Norah Jones' Everly Brothers cover album, Foreverly, is actually pretty nice. I find Green Day annoying, but this is actually an intriguing duo worth listening to.

4. So the leader of the Westboro Baptists died. The reactions I've seen are quite interesting. For me, I can't imagine being happy that someone is dead, and I don't think his death will stop them unfortunately. I've read posts about people contemplating picketing his funeral, with would be a tremendous thing to do, because karma. However, I wonder what it would accomplish. These people are hateful and insane, but should we stoop to their level, really? Would it really create peace and/or understanding of those with different ideals than us? For me, I think fighting hateful people with hate is just going to create an even greater divide. I understand the anger, because these people (and others like them) have certainly engendered anger in me, but coming at someone who disagrees with you like a striking viper just doesn't seem like a way to create understanding. I don't condone people like them at all, but just some food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment