Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Very Inspirational Blogger Award!


I'm a pretty slacking blogger these days, but life has it's ways. I am considering a move to wordpress where my nominator, Cathy, the superb writer of In and Out, chose me was an inspiring blogger. For me, this is quite the compliment because her writing is excellent. So excellent that excellent doesn't cover it. You'd think as an English major I'd have more expansive words to articulate this fact, but alas.

The rules are to post the name of the blogger, and the inspiring blogger image (check, and check). The next is to post seven facts about yourself so here I go.

1. I am about to begin my Master's Degree in Literature. I never in a million years thought I would be getting an advanced degree, or wanting to get a PhD. I still feel silly saying it.

2. I adopted my dog, Toby, in 2009. I can't imagine life without him at this point. While both of my dogs prior to him were special--one being my first friend as a little wee one, the second because I grew up with him (13-almost 14-years of him), Toby is just really special because he's my boy. He identifies me as his mama. He is a bad dog, but he's my boy and I love him.

3. I'm an introvert by the book. I love being around people but I need time alone to recharge otherwise I get cranky and exhausted. Sometimes I don't even realize it when I'm not speaking.

4. I love reading. I didn't always love it, but I've found books and authors that really do a lot for me. Honestly, one reason I enjoy reading is because I love the accomplishment of finishing a book as well. Frankly, I feel so much more productive with my time if I spend it reading rather than on the computer or watching TV.

5. I love music, and it's something I've been passionate about since I was quite young.

6. I can't imagine a life without Oscar Wilde or Nick Cave.

7. I'm one of those women who loves their hair. I'm told this isn't a common thing, but I really do. I cannot imagine myself with straight, non-voluminous hair.

The next rule is to tag other bloggers--oopsie! Unfortunately I don't have any at the moment--but perhaps moving to a new address will change that. I shall keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment